What is UX?
YES! We love acronyms. WTH. BRB. CTA. TLC. VIP.
You’ve probably heard of one of our digital team’s particular favorites: UX. But do you know what is means?
User Experience! (Okay, so marketers don’t always like to play by the rules, we realize technically, the acronym would be UE. But who wants to say that?)
All jokes aside, UX is the most important concept when it comes to your online experience. According to the Nielsen Norman Group (UX masters), UX encompasses all aspects of the end-user’s interaction with the company, its services, and its products. Essentially, this is the experience that someone has when interacting with you online.
When your website is built with UX in mind, your users enjoy themselves when they spend time on your site. It doesn’t matter what you do, sell, or offer, your website visitors want to have a pleasant experience and easily find what they are looking for on your site.
UX goes far beyond just design; of course you want your site to look awesome, but it also has to perform and create results that support your overall strategy.
So, what does this look like in practice?
Here are some examples of what we mean:
- Does everything work as it should?
- Are there visual cues that tell my mind what’s going to happen when I take an action, such as clicking on a button or image?
- Can I hit tab to navigate through a form?
- Do buttons and links look clickable?
- Do your buttons and links use language that helps me understand where they’ll take me?
- If I click somewhere, am I able to get back to where I was if I need to?
- Do I receive a customized ‘thank you’ message after I sign up for your email newsletter?
- Is your website easy to read?
- Does it load quickly?
- If I’m just looking to contact you, is it difficult to navigate there?
- If I land on an interior page that you shared on social, is it clear where I’m landing, and how to continue my journey from there?
- Is your website content laid out in a way that makes it easy for my eyes to navigate and for my mind to consume?
- Do your form fields have tips for helping me understand what you want me to do with them?
When your audience can use your website without having to think about it, they are able to navigate throughout the site smoothly, and that creates a good experience. As a result, your users will come back again, they’ll share your site with their friends, and they’ll take actions, such as subscribing to your email newsletter, contacting you, or buying something.
Who doesn’t want that?!
If your website doesn’t check off the list, we would love to help! Let’s connect and get your UX on point. Our digital team is awesome, and we can’t wait to work with you so your website crushes your goals.