PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Client Success
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, high-energy and intense. The Public Relations Specialist position is not for the faint of heart; you must be organized, tenacious, energetic and funny (seriously, you have to appreciate our sarcasm and laugh at Kim’s jokes). This is a crucial role at 8THIRTYFOUR, where we work and play hard. Agency experience is a must, meaning, you are an expert at juggling lots of balls, while keeping multiple office dogs entertained.
This badass will own public relations, as well as client management for select accounts, with strategic direction and evaluation from the Principal and leadership team. Our clients deserve the best, so bring your ‘A’ game.
We find comfort in the uncomfortable; meaning we invest heavily in our resident badasses to ensure we are always a step ahead. Think you got what it takes? Show us, entertain us and impress us.
Get After It
- Manage national, statewide and local public relations activities for clients, including research, pitching, coordination of interviews, and follow up, to ensure goals are met – think Forbes, People, Sprinkler Age, Wall Street Journal…you get the drift
- Stalk, interact and love on the media….and keep track of it
- Serve as the client lead on specified accounts, providing clients with weekly touch points, full of fun and informative communication
- Create all the strategies – we really, really love writing strategies.
- Team work makes the dream work…lead client strategy brainstorms (we told you we love strategies)
- Create tactical and measurable plans for public relations, influencer marketing, community engagement, content, and other areas as directed, through an integrated communications lens. If we can’t measure it, we won’t do it.
- Create brand-appropriate content that supports strategies
- Serve as the team grammar and proofing expert (or villain)
- Contribute witty, retrospective and highly entertaining content to agency social media channels
- Master the art of the selfie…and then lead influencer campaigns through research, outreach, coordination, tracking, and reporting
- Organized – like really really really really good at this
- Self-Starter – there is no micro-managing here (seriously, no one has time for that), get shit done
- Motivated – crush it. Every. Single. Day.
- Detailed – you don’t miss a thing, not a pen out of place, a misplaced comma…nothing
- Able to manage up – we need you to lead, like a lot
- Creative problem solver – find a solution, then implement it
- Fail Forward – sometimes people aren’t nice, but we still like you
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – we kind of hope, this speaks for itself
Culture at 8THIRTYFOUR is paramount to our success, and is communicated through our core values. Successful team members live out our core values, every day, always going above and beyond.
- We fix it
- We know our shit
- We put you first
- We work harder than the rest
- We are not assholes
- Industry News: It is expected that the Public Relations Specialist be a resident expert in the field. This requires continuous monitoring of industry news and sharing resources with the team when relevant.
- Training: Additional opportunities for (paid) education are also possible on a case-by-case basis.
- 1-on-1s: These will be held bi-weekly to provide a high-level update on projects, seek answers to questions, and discuss larger questions, hopes, or concerns for the role. It is expected that the team member be prepared to these meetings with an agenda.
- 30-, 60-Day Reviews: Time will be set aside at each of these milestones to evaluate performance on a holistic level.
- Annual Reviews: Following the 12-month mark, formal reviews will occur annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 3+ years working experience in public relations field – national media experience, along with agency experience, is a must
- Solid knowledge of social media
- Accepts other duties as assigned
If you think you might be a good fit, please email one single PDF document that includes:
- A rockin’ cover letter, including three words people use to describe you and why.
- Your resume
- Writing samples (show us you want it, and you have the skills to do it)