DIRECTOR OF CLIENT SUCCESS
Read on for more information on our Director of Client Success position. Apply today by submitting your resume and cover letter to kim @ 834design.com.
Position type: Full-time
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Overview of the Role
The Director of Client Success will be a senior leader tasked to drive 8THIRTYFOUR’s agency strategy, positioning, and offerings for our clients and support a distinctive employee experience and culture for our team.
The majority of our clients are provided integrated communication services. The industries we focus on are diverse encompassing industrial, manufacturing, wellness, health care, retail, construction, ecommerce, environmental, real estate and more. The current scopes are diverse and include multiple disciplines: PR, CTR, digital and social marketing, websites, branding, analytics and email marketing. Our clients know us as an integrated, solution-oriented agency they can trust – regardless of project scope or scale.
The Director of Client Success will need to be agile, responsive, and have strong lateral and conceptual thinking capabilities. As 8THIRTYFOUR has continuously achieved significant growth during the past several years, this person must also be comfortable with ambiguity and the uncertainty that comes with rapid innovation and growth. We are a senior-led team and our clients expect to not only have access, but receive regular counsel from our leadership. However, this person must also be comfortable being tactically involved in the day-to-day workings of client work.
In addition, there is a need for strong internal communications to help manage change within the organization, support controlled growth and maintain strong retention rates.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the Director of Client Success
- Position yourself as an industry thought leader, actively networking to develop brand awareness.
- Build on current marketing offerings, connecting the unique assets of 8THIRTYFOUR, to establish an operationalized, multi-disciplinary team including analytics, digital and creative.
- Grow the opportunities with clients into broader portfolio of offerings including marketing, advertising, digital and social media.
- Provide counsel and guidance on proposals and scope to ensure success through clear expectations, timelines, and process.
- Monitor current portfolio and growth through current client base and net new business, and manage to profitability.
- Provide senior strategic management across a number of existing accounts and lead team to deliver against clients’ goals.
- Client lead on a number of accounts providing senior strategic counsel and implementation.
- Oversee agendas and scheduling of internal meetings for key accounts.
- Immerse quickly in 8THIRTYFOUR offerings and methodologies to take an integrated approach to clients and new business. Continually seek ways to streamline processes to maximize results.
- Lead ongoing implementation on Traction and the EOS process including: leading weekly leadership meetings, planning 90-day strategy sessions, and filtering appropriate content to broader team.
- Schedule and run weekly internal team meetings with strategic agendas.
- Create and execute team activities to support team bonding and learning opportunities.
- Maintain an up-to-date SOP; share updates with team.
- Manage overall expectations around core values and mood of office through visuals, quizzes, and conversation.
- Facilitate training and coaching of current staff to support the growth of the business; manage review process and staff development plans.
- Identify new hires to accelerate business growth through broader network or new skill set.
- Meet with direct reports bi-weekly for one-on-one check-ins, including Scorecard Tracking.
- Infuse existing team with continued energy and enthusiasm through internal communications and respected partnership.
Culture at 8THIRTYFOUR is paramount to our success, and is communicated through our core values. Successful team members live out our core values, every day, always going above and beyond.
- We fix it
- We know our shit
- We put you first
- We work harder than the rest
- We are not assholes
If you think you might be a good fit, please email one single PDF document that includes:
- A cover letter that helps us understand what we would gain if you joined our team, along with three words people use to describe you and why.
- Your resume (that does not have a headshot or objective statement).