Read on for more information on our Content Associate position. Apply today by submitting your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Client Success
Overview of the Role
The Content Associates plays a crucial role in 8THIRTYFOUR’s team, creating strategic content through a variety of mediums, included but not limited to: blogs, websites, social media, email marketing, strategies, and more.
This motivated self-starter is expected to be the team’s knowledge leader in leveraging all ever-changing communications channels and trends for the benefit of clients and the agency; to this end, the Content Associate must always seek ways to continuously expand professional knowledge.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the Content Associate.
- Strategy: Assist with creation of custom communications strategies; perform competitor and SWOT analyses, draft audience personas, etc.
- Social Media: Serve as the resident expert for all things social. Manage a select number of client social media accounts and the content strategy behind them; schedule content, monitor audience engagement, and respond to page activity. Additionally, provide recommendations to increase engagement and better support client objectives based on reporting and industry trends.
- Copywriting: Develop copy for blog posts, websites, email marketing, landing pages, and digital advertising that captures the appropriate tone and overall goal that our clients serve as trusted thought leaders. Maintain a working knowledge of search engine optimization in order to optimize all digital content.
- Blog Management: Coordinate all blog calendars and post content.
- Voice/Tone: Serve as the primary keeper of voice and tone for appropriate clients, and document this key information for the benefit of the team.
- Content Management: Serve as the primary manager of the appropriate types of content for each client, as identified by each client’s custom strategy, to ensure consistency, timeliness, and accuracy.
- Website Support: In addition to copywriting, support the digital team in website content management and QA review.
- Able to manage up/self-advocate
- Creative problem solver
Culture at 8THIRTYFOUR is paramount to our success, and is communicated through our core values. Successful team members live out our core values, every day, always going above and beyond.
- We fix it
- We know our shit
- We put you first
- We work harder than the rest
- We are not assholes
- Industry News: It is expected that the Content Associate be a resident expert in the field. This requires continuous monitoring of industry news and sharing resources with the team when relevant.
- Training: Additional opportunities for (paid) education are also possible on a case-by-case basis.
- Certification: The Content Associate must be AdWords and Analytics certified for the duration of employment.
- 1-on-1s: These will be held bi-weekly to provide a high-level update on projects, seek answers to questions, and discuss larger questions, hopes, or concerns for the role. It is expected that the Digital Associate come prepared to these meetings with an agenda.
- 30-, 60-, 90-day Reviews: Time will be set aside at each of these milestones to evaluate performance on a holistic level.
- Annual Reviews: Following the 18-month mark, formal reviews will occur annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising/PR, creative writing or a related field
- 1+ year working experience in marketing field
- Solid knowledge of social media trends
- Beginner knowledge of search engine optimization
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Google Analytics Certifications, preferred
- Accepts other duties as assigned
If you think you might be a good fit, please email one single PDF document that includes:
- A cover letter that helps us understand what we would gain if you joined our team, along with three words people use to describe you and why.
- Your resume (that does not have a headshot or objective statement).
- Writing samples including, but not limited to:
- Example of technical writing
- Example of creative writing