WE’RE GROWING OUR TEAM.
Want to work for a kick-ass, fun-loving, hardworking team of marketers, designers, PR specialists, writers, digital doers and web geniuses? We have an award-winning and exceptionally talented team, and office dogs – need we say more?
Current Position: Communications Associate
Please find the full description for the Communications Associate role listed below. If you think you would be a good fit, please email one single PDF document that includes:
- A cover letter that helps us understand what we would gain if you joined our team and three words people use to describe you and why.
- Your resume (that does not have a headshot or objective statement).
Communications associate job description
Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Client Success
The Communications Associate plays a crucial role in the success of 8THIRTYFOUR. They need to be forward-thinking and actively seek ways to continuously expand professional knowledge.
This creative self-starter finds comfort in the uncomfortable and loves organizing, social media, and sees opportunity in the face of pandemonium.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional organizational and research skills, be an excellent and detailed writer, and a strong proof-reader.
As a social media practitioner, this person will be adept at supporting content creation across multiple platforms for clients under the direction of 8THIRTYFOUR’s senior staff.
Successful members of 8THIRTYFOUR lean into “yes” and never settle for the status quo.
The following are the primary responsibilities of the Communication Associate:
- Content Creation: through excellent research and written skills, contribute on-brand content that supports identified strategy and goals. Tasks will include proofreading, copywriting, competitive research, the company database, customer follow-up, general research and events.
- Social Media: with a deep understanding of social media platforms, research and draft compelling content while staying up-to-date on ever-changing trends.
- Project Assistance: gain an understanding of internal process, project management software, and project requirements to support the team; prepare agendas for and attend group meetings, provide input and take notes. This individual will also lead on event planning for our quarterly parties.
- PR Support: assist with pitching and attending media interviews as requested.
- Able to manage up
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
Culture at 8THIRTYFOUR is paramount to our success, and is communicated through our core values. Successful team members live out our core values, every day, always going above and beyond.
- We fix it
- We know our shit
- We put you first
- We work harder than the rest
- We are not assholes
- 1-on-1s: These will be held bi-weekly to provide a high-level update on projects, seek answers to questions, and discuss larger questions, hopes, or concerns for the role. It is expected that the Associate come prepared to these meetings with an agenda.
- 30-, 60-, 90-day Reviews: Time will be set aside at each of these milestones to evaluate performance on a holistic level.
- Annual Reviews: Following the 12-month mark, formal reviews will occur annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 1+ year working in a professional work environment
- Accepts other duties as assigned