7 Reasons to Engage in your Community
When business gets overwhelming, simple yet important tasks such as community engagement, volunteering and participation often fall to the side. Participating and being active in the community allows for advertising, networking as well as overall business growth. Here are seven reasons to reorganize your priorities in the community and embrace leadership for business growth.
- First Impression. Your business has but one opportunity to make a first impression. Interacting directly with the community allows you to kick off that relationship up close, personal and even better, in REAL life.
- Local First. Involvement in your community is a silent way of stating you are invested and believe in your community. When you invest in your community you are supporting the economy and building your community. Think local first.
- Gain Clients. Participating in community activities will allow you to interact with potential customers. They have the ability to get to know more about your business and interact on a personal level. This is a great way to start positive relationships with customers and in turn perpetuating word-of-mouth advertising.
- Learn. Engaging within the community allows you to learn about the issues important to your community, and collaborate with partners who can help you address those needs. In this way, you become a catalyst for positive interaction and community change.
- Positive Recognition. Sponsoring local events and participating within the community is a positive way to get your business recognized, consider it free advertising. Get your company name and logo out in the public eye so people learn to associate the two with commitment to the community. Let them put a face to the name.
- Collaboration. Promoting your business in the community can also generate connections. Connections can be a direct link to business contacts. Promoting your business directly in the community is a great way to connect with fellow businesses you may be able to work with in the future.
- Authenticity. An authentic commitment to community engagement pushes you to create connections across the full breadth of the community. It allows for transparency which many people crave.
So what are you waiting for? Participate, engage, to put your business ahead of the game.
Post inspired by the National Association for Media Engagement.